Dept. of Community Services | Home Page > Department Portal
Strategic Executive: Mr MG Mayumbelo
The Emergency Management Division provides services that include suppression, fire prevention, emergency medical services, heavy rescue, water rescue, hazardous material response and community awareness safety education in an effort to enhance the safety and quality of life for the people of the City of Windhoek.
Public Transport Division
- Tasked with the provision of a safe, reliable, effective, efficient and fully integrated public transport in Windhoek
- Tasked with ensuring that public transport best meets the needs of passengers by improving levels of service and the cost thereof
- Tasked with managing the provision of public transport infrastructure
- Tasked with ensuring mobility and accessibility to the residents of Windhoek.
This Division consists of two Sections:
- Bus Operations
The City operates a fleet of 79 busses serving predominantly residential areas of Katutura to the downtown and its surrounding areas such as Academia, Avis, Cimbebacia & Prosperita, Eros, Hochland, Klein Windhoek, Kleine Kuppe, Olympia, Pioneers Park, Robert Mugabe, Suiderhof, University of Namibia, and Windhoek West. The service is provided from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Finance and Administration
This section is responsible for the finance and administration function of the Public Transport Division and is tasked with the provision of financial information and guidance, and ensuring that payments to its stakeholders are made on time.