Department of Finance | Home Page > Department Portal
Strategic Executive: Vacant
The main responsibility of this Department is to render effective and efficient accounting and financial services to the City of Windhoek in line with its mission of "providing innovative financial solutions for optimal client satisfaction".
The Department consists of the following divisions:
- Billing and Revenue
- Cash Management and Statements
- Costing and Budgeting
- Debt Management
- Fleet Management (investigation on future fleet model)
- Procurement and Creditors
- Scrutinise your account regularly and report any discrepancies to our enquiries desk as soon as possible.
- Keep your receipts in a safe place for future reference.
- Read our monthly newsletter, Aloe, as it contains important information.
- Municipal service accounts are mailed by the 25th day of each month. If you have not received your account by the 5th day of the following month, please contact our enquiry officers immediately on 290 2105.
- Your account must be paid no later than the 15th day of the month following the month in which the account was rendered. If the 15th day is not a working day, the next working day will be the last day for payment. Please pay your account as early as possible to avoid the long queues at the month end and on the last day for payment.
- If your account is not settled by the due date, your electricity supply will be disconnected without further notice. Electricity supply will be restored against payment of reconnection, late fees and an additional security deposit.
- Call Centre / Enquiry Desk | 290 2105 | 290 2222 | 290 2224 | 290 3143 |
Email: enquiries at windhoekcc.org.na
- Revenue Collection Section | 290 2127 | 290 2139 | 290 2232 | 290 2540 |
Email: payments at windhoekcc.org.na
- Clients Accounts Section | 290 2219 | 290 2242 | 290 2560
- Metering Section | 290 2022 | 290 2135 | 290 2213 | 290 2221 | 290 2566
- Non-Metering Section | 290 2021 | 290 2220 | 290 2483 | 290 2644
- The City of Windhoek offers the following payment options in addition to payments made in the cash halls:
- Over the counter payment at any First National Bank branch. A copy of the municipal account being settled is required for this payment option.
- Payment can be made at any Nampost offices countrywide. A copy of the municipal account being settled is required for this payment option.
- Internet payments can be made through all commercial banks in Namibia.
- Payments can be made at ATMs of First National Bank clients only.
- Credit & Debit Card Payments can be made at Customer Care Centres at the Municipal offices in Katutura and in the City Centre only.
- Payments made over the counter at other banks (Bank Windhoek, Standard bank and Nedbank) must reflect the following banking details:
- Bank Name: First National Bank
Branch Name: Windhoek Corporate Suite
Branch Number: 281872
Account Number: 62012146115 OR 55500033613
Beneficiary Name: City of Windhoek
Beneficiary Reference: Your Municipal Account Number
- NOTE: Pre-paid electricity units can be obtained from the different AVM purchasing points and at any FNB ATM.
- NOTE: New household owners or clients that have lost their Pre-paid card can get new cards at the various cash halls.
Debt Management Division
Tel: +264 61 290 2069
Fax: +264 61 290 2582
Our Office Hours Are From 8h00 – 16h00 Monday To Friday.
Always have your account number ready when doing enquiries.
NB: The Debt Management Division does not deal with general enquiries.
1) When do you visit the Debt Management Division?
- When your account is in arrears and you would like to make arrangements for payment.
- When your water or electricity is disconnected and you would like to be reconnected.
- To have your credit check done when applying for connection of services.
2) When will my water or electricity be disconnected?
- For residential accounts, your services will be disconnected if your account is in arrears for 30 days or more.
- Businesses accounts are not allowed to be in arrears.
3) How much do I pay if my water or electricity is disconnected?
- For your services to be reconnected, a minimum of one third (33.33%) of your account must be paid if your services are disconnected for the first time.
- If services are disconnected for a second time, 50% of the account is due before reconnection will be made, and;
- If you had an arrangement and it was not honoured, a minimum of 50% of your account must be paid.
4) Who is allowed to make arrangements on his municipal account?
- Any residential customer with a municipal account.
- An arrangement may be made only by the owner of the account. No third parties may act on behalf of the owner.
- No arrangements are allowed for business accounts.
5) When will water and electricity services be reconnected after a payment has been made?
- The City of Windhoek will need up to 48 hours to re-open your services.
6) Does the Debt Management Division offer after hours services reconnection?
- No after hours services are available.